is the only thing I wish to do. It does not necessarily require crossing country-borders..

Mittwoch, 27. August 2008

Sweden, the second..

After having come back to Hamburg, working and waitressing like a maniac, having had a really exhausting time caused by family-incidents, still struggling to accept my "old" life I didn't even like before I had left (well, parts of it are disturbing, of course NOT everything!), I longed for a break. A vacation. Back to Sweden, back to Halmstad, back to Vallås- no matter how fearful I had been before leaving, that everything might have changed, people, the impression that I had had friends there, the appreciation I had felt at school. I booked the tickets (now I am kind of happy that I have my return ticket here- I think I might have skipped the return itself somehow....), packed my trekking- rucksack (believe me: when you see me walking down the streets, you can see a huge rucksack with blond curls and legs..), changed money and left Wedel last Monday 6.15 AM. Off to the central station in Hamburg to catch the train to Copenhagen.... and then to Sweden.
It took me one more day to get back to Halmstad as I first stayed at a friend's place and arrived in a very smooth way- we went to the Malmöfestivalen, had coffee in the sunshine and relaxed a lot before she left for Dublin (Metallica in concert) and I got on the train to Halmstad where I directly hopped on the bus to Vallås. The moment I saw the building of the school, all my former doubts if it had been the right thing to do, were destroyed or at least minimized to a ridiculous extent. I got rid off my turtle-rucksack and sat down on one of the sofas which I had been sitting on for almost 4 months. I held a yellow coffee cup in my hand with the very delicious Swedish kaffe in it. Its taste brought back many menories and nearly made me cry :-) The most surprising thing for me was to see how everybody thought it was pretty normal to have me back here. As if I had only been on holidays a little longer than the others. I felt like this. Furthermore it felt and still feels like home here, in the staff room, the classrooms, among my colleagues and friends. No matter how far away I am from Halmstad, I mostly think of it once a day and being able to return gives me the chance to keep this missing as a motivation to go back. Not to be desperate.


This time I was kind of homeless, without any fix accommodation which first scared me a lot as I had the panic to remain lonely and abandoned out on the streets.. but I had forgotten that I can trust life somehow. Evrybody offered me a bed, a sofa, a place to stay at and gave me the telephone number for an emergency-call. Fortunately, I had the chance to spend more time with people I had liked to spend more time with during the term here. So I was allowed to experience the "Falkenberg"-harmony, including a gathering of colleagues around a BBQ-table outside, as we had a wonderful day, and later on around a Playstation 2 (Singstar!!!!!!!!!). It was the best way to start into a weekend which definitely can be seen as my highlight here this time ;-) I had so much fun getting to know the people better and doing ordinary things like cooking, watching TV, taking a walk etc.
I don't want to go back home, what a surprise... But even though I have to, this time I realized something very important for myself: Despite all my doubts- I can trust in friendship here.

And therefore I would like to say: Tack så mycket!
I will definitely return.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ich hab das erst jetzt gelesen. Bin ich froh, dass dir das so gut getna hat.
In zwei Wochen musste mir das nochmal alles von Angesicht zu Angesicht erzählen.
Kuß

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hello darling.
It´s nice to read that you had a lovely time in Falkenberg. I hope that you´re feling fine though I know that you´ve probably have been working to much and thinking about the year ahead of you. Will call you or mail you soon.
With love, Mia