is the only thing I wish to do. It does not necessarily require crossing country-borders..

Montag, 26. Mai 2008

in between the universes...

That's exactly the way I am feeling at the moment. As I had been home to Germany the last weekend, I can hardly decide where I like to be better; it varies from minute to minute. I enjoyed the 4 days at home to a very high extent but still I was glad and relieved to be able to return to Halmstad. Even though I do miss my family and friends, even work sometimes, I kind of adapted to the life here, too. Going to work, seeing my co-workers every day, the shared flat has become "home", the friends here are sometimes closer than several back home, the surroundings and the city itself have turned into my everyday-stage. I sense a huge gap between home and here and I am actually the only bridge existing to connect them. I am not sure if I will succeed immediately but with steady patience and small steps the construction will be finished after a certain amount of time. Because I don't want to leave anything "behind"- I want to take it with me. Piece by piece. Like a puzzle which needs to be completed.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

At the moment this here is our life. Everything of it. People, work, the city. And our life after it will hopefully be different than this we had before we got here. Otherwise it would have been a waste of time.
It will be difficult and it will hurt. Actually it's already hurting. But together we will go through it and help each other finding the right place for the pieces. That's in what I trust.

Anonym hat gesagt…

that's what we truly trust in, I know. and we will remain together, even if we are apart.